Saturday 10 January 2015

Revolution Tea: Peach Mango Green Tea


This week I have been drinking, on the whole, wonderful black tea's. But my taste's are transitory and I happily flick between black tea, green tea or white tea.

This morning I woke up fancying something light and fruity. Going through my box of tea samples I came across this tiny little package and thought it would be the perfect tea for today.

Revolution Tea's  really lovely Peach Mango Green Tea is a incredibly light and fruity tea, and on this gloomy winters afternoon gave me a slight spring in my step and has left me looking happily towards summer.

I do tend to treat (perhaps, unfairly) flavoured green tea's with caution when I try them. Sometimes the flavours taste too artificial, or they just don't sit well with the green tea, so it was with interest that I waited whilst this tea infused, wondering how it was going to taste.

One of the brilliant aspects of fruity tea's is that they do not only infuse your cup but infuse your entire kitchen with a really wonderful aroma. And this tea has a very strong fruity scent which is refreshing and enticing.

This tea is utterly gorgeous, simply put. I could tell from the first sip that this was going to be a blend that I'd enjoy.

There is a rich, herbal taste to the base green tea which is fulfilling without bearing any of the bitterness that some green tea's have and which often puts off newbies to green tea. It's very light and just taste's gorgeous.

But what of the flavours? Well, they are not a disappointment either!

The peach flavour is by far the stronger of the two. It leaves your mouth feeling lovely and is very moreish. Sometimes the peach in tea can be slightly bitter but this is sweet and juicy and when you close your eyes you can imagine taking a bite from a lovely ripe peach. It's also incredibly refreshing too and the peachy element is lovely and this would make a wonderful iced tea.

Underneath the punchy peach flavour comes the sweetness that you get from mango. It's delicate but works exceptionally well with the peach. It adds a wonderful roundness to the tea. The two flavours are a brilliant pairing.

I was really impressed with this tea and Revolution Tea have come up with a fantastic blend. It's lovely and refreshing (perfect for those hot days!) and an ideal candidate to make an iced tea from. It's fruity but has the substance that you get with green tea.

I think established green tea lovers will enjoy the fun side to this tea - and it is fun, it makes you feel good - but also it would make a perfect introduction tea to those new to green tea or those who struggle to drink it pure, and there are a lot of people who do.

I really came away feeling lovely, relaxed and happy after drinking this tea. You can't really ask more from your cuppa then that, can you?


2 comments:

  1. This sounds absolutely lovely! I've yet to try green tea and this one seems like the perfect introduction :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Nicole. I'm glad you found the review useful. :-)

    Sadly I only got this in a sample size, which was one teabag but I have to say it's one of the most moreish tea's I've had in some time! I WILL be buying a full box.

    ReplyDelete