Tuesday 9 September 2014

Teafields: Silver Rose White Tea


A couple of weeks ago, luxury tea company, Teafields mentioned on Twitter that they were looking for bloggers to test some of their tea. I contacted them and rather happily I received a nice little bundle of tea samples.

The first tea I've chosen to review is their Silver Rose White Tea. I have tried rose tea's before. However, they have all been black teas and I was desperate to see how rose would work with white tea.

Upon opening the packaging I was delighted. The scent of rose is very strong and as you can see in the photograph below, the quantity of rose included in the tea is substantial.


I have to say that this tea is probably one of the prettiest tea's to look at. The rose buds are tiny, very sweet and colourful. It's such a delicate looking tea and the rosebuds resemble china. Very pretty indeed.

I filled up my infuser with a teaspoon of this tea. I let it infuse for three minutes. When fully brewed it formed a very pretty light green colour.

I have to admit I was slightly concerned as the aroma was so strong I wondered if all I would be able to taste is rose and would the rose flavour be overpowering?

I need not of worried. The tea is so gentle and delicate it really is quite stunning. I feel that rose really works well with the delicate taste of white tea. I find, sometimes, that when rose is blended with black tea it can be quite heavy, but this is very light and perfect for a summer's drink.

The rose tastes utterly natural. It is not synthetic and it is not perfumed. The white tea base is very light and fragrant.

Silver Rose White Tea is light and refreshing. It is perfect for an afternoon tea or ten minutes of utter bliss where you can put your feet up and really enjoy it.

It's a really feminine tea. Not that I mean men can't drink it of course, but this tea deserves to be in your best china. I'm drinking it from my trusty mug but somehow that doesn't feel right. This deserves the best of everything from the china you serve it in to the cake or biscuits that accompany it.

I have decided that rose works far, far better with white tea then it does with black. Of course I enjoy the black tea blends but it suits, far better, a nice quality white tea. The two flavours are delicate enough not to outdo one another, whereas in the black tea blends the flavour of rose has to be strong to compete with the strength of the black tea which in turn means, at times, it can taste a bit artificial and man made.

I am so lucky to be able to taste this wonderful tea. I would highly recommend you purchase this fabulous blend.

I am very much looking forward to trying the rest of the tea's Teafields have sent out. A very enjoyable journey coming up I think!


No comments:

Post a Comment