Monday 7 July 2014

Wise Owl Tea: Tahitian Night Night


'What's that you're drinking?' my boyfriend asked me as I was brewing a cup of Wise Owl's Tahitian Night Night tea.  When I told him it was a tea to aid restful sleep, he scoffed. Not because of the tea, but because, in traditional fashion for my family, I have the ability to fall asleep on a clothes line. Within seconds of hitting the pillow I'm fast asleep.

But, of course, that doesn't mean I can't enjoy a wonderful tea that aids sleep.

As I have described in my previous posts, I am totally in love with Wise Owl tea. They are a young company and there is just something about them that I really like! I have written reviews about some of  their other tea's that I've tried. You have the spicy Antiguan Cinnamon Spice or the relaxing (and my personal favourite) Bali Bamboo tea.

This evening I decided to try Tahitian Night Night.  Its a wonderfully aromatic blend that contains:

Liquorice root
Valerian root
Chamomile flower
Lavender flower
Lime flower

I really do love any tea that contains lavender. I find it a relaxing and very different ingredient for tea. I love the smell of lavender anyway, and now I love the taste.

The liquorice root gives the tea a slight tang, but nothing too strong just before bedtime, but it has a gentle kick that I enjoy. I have mentioned before that I do not like pure liquorice tea, but I do like the addition of liquorice root in tea as it gives the tea a little something extra.

Although I am not a fan of chamomile as a pure tea, I have to admit that the flavour within this tea is quite pleasant and because there are so many strong flavours contained in the blend it doesn't dominate.

I love how valerian root, liquorice root and chamomile flower have all been chosen because they are natural ingredients that help you relax, de-stress and help you to fall asleep. Together the flavours make for a wonderful brew, but already, as I'm now tucked up in bed writing this, I can feel myself starting to unwind and get ready for sleep.

It's a warming, comforting blend. I feel, (probably due to the liquorice root) that my whole body is warmed - it's like a cuddle in a cup! This will make an excellent brew for winter time when it's cold outside.

I would highly recommend this tea, even if you don't find it hard getting to sleep. It's just so relaxing, the perfect end of day brew when you need to avoid high caffeine drinks.

I love Wise Owl tea and I love this blend.  
















No comments:

Post a Comment