Tuesday 24 June 2014

Wise Owl Tea: Antiguan Cinnamon Spice


(Photo sourced from Wise Owl Tea)

There is something I really like about Wise Owl Tea, a tea company that I've only recently discovered. They are young, the products are delicious and the people involved are really, really nice. 

I have already reviewed one of their products, the extremely delicious Bamboo Organic Leaf Tea so this evening I thought I'd review the Antiguan Cinnamon Spice.

Firstly I will say that I love tea with oomph, I love spicy and even hot chilli tea. This tea has oomph in bucketloads. For as much as Bamboo Leaf is subtle, discreet and delicate, this is firey, spicy and leaves a strong impression.

The ingredients in this tea are:


  • Cinnamon
  • Oat flower
  • Liquorice
  • Clove 
  • Peppermint
So, as you can see, each of the flavours within this tea are strong. It's quite an experience drinking this tea, but, as my review will show, it was a totally pleasant one.

When I started to brew this blend instantly the different aroma's from the ingredients started to emerge and as the brewing process progressed the wonderful scents got strong and stronger. I brewed this tea for five minutes and settled down to take my first sip.

The strongest flavour which came through was the cinnamon. I have had cinnamon tea before which was so strongly scented and powerful to drink that I struggled to get to grips with it, but the cinnamon here, though strong was well balanced. The team at Wise Owl have been so clever because not one flavour out does any of the others - it's a perfectly balanced tea.

As regular readers know I'm not keen at all on pure peppermint tea, it churns my stomach. However, I do enjoy that kick and extra something peppermint brings to other blends - and I never thought I'd ever write that! Peppermint adds a spicy but sweet addition to a cup of tea and I'm really started to appreciate and enjoy what it can bring to a blend.

What is really smart about this tea is that despite the cinnamon and peppermint, you can still detect that slight after bite and kick that the liquorice causes. I've tried liquorice in all sorts of tea and I just love the way it makes your tongue fizz after you've taken a sip of tea.

Antiguan Cinnamon Spice really takes you on a wonderful journey as you drink it. I love how refreshing this tea is. We are currently going through a warm spell here in the UK and I find that despite the spicy element to the tea, it's actually quite cooling on a hot day and is a utter joy to drink. It smells and tastes wonderful and to be frank, you NEED this in your tea collection.

It's so well balanced, so nicely blended that it's totally different and unique. It makes a wonderful change from your normal tea drinking routine.

Wise Owl Tea have done it again - blended a fantastic and fun tea.

For more information on Antiguan Cinnamon Spice please follow this link.

As I said at the start Wise Owl are a fab company who produce some really glorious tea's. I'd love to support them as much as I can because I truly think they are worth it. They care about their tea and care about how it's produced. And you can't get any better then that, can you?




No comments:

Post a Comment