Saturday 3 May 2014

The Teashed: Out Of Milk Tea: A White Tea With A Bit Of Oomph!


This evening I fancied something different from the usual green tea so opted for white tea, instead.

The Teashed's Out Of Milk Tea is a white tea, that, as the name explains, does not need milk. So it's perfect if you don't take milk in tea or if you've run out. (Thanks to The Teashed for sending me this out to sample).

The packaging on this tea is brilliant. It's just so different that when I see it standing next to Twinings Corner in my kitchen I can't help but smile at how cute and smart it is!

I have described on this blog, more then once how delicate and dainty white tea is. It's quite hard to brew because normally you only need to brew it for a minute or a minute and a half at the most. It's a tea that is quick to go from sublime to bitter and awful.

Out Of Milk Tea is a white tea that not only has oomph but it's robust too. You can brew this little baby for four to five minutes, which means it's quite a strong tea!

Whilst brewing the tea takes on a light amber colour. It smells wonderful and is solid and sturdy in taste.

This is the third cup of this that I've made and it keeps getting nicer and nicer every time I taste it.

White tea is always refreshing to drink because it's light and not at all heavy like some black teas can be. The Teasheds is quite different to any other white tea that I've tried. It just seems to have a fuller flavour, has more depth and has a sligthly sweet taste to it. I really have enjoyed this tea immensely.

I love how there is absolutely no bitterness with this tea. I keep expecting, with each sip (as the tea cools) to get that familiar taste of bitterness that you can get with cheaper or lower quality white tea. But, it never seems to appear. The last sip of the tea I've just taken has been really cold, yet, still, it's got that lovely taste without the bitter twist.

The strength to this tea is also attractive to me. I've had some white tea's that are so delicate you can barely taste it. But Out Of Milk is just there, it's tasty and you can have a fuller, stronger tea with a much lower caffeine content, so it's perfect for evening drinking.

I really have become a fan of this blend. It's utterly gorgeous, the packaging is brilliant and it's fun and quirky.

Have a look around The Teashed's website. It's good fun. You'll become a fan, just as I have!




No comments:

Post a Comment