Thursday 22 May 2014

My Trip To Tea Palace Covent Garden


The second tea shop that I visited whilst staying in London is a lovely little shop called Tea Palace, which is based in the covered part of London's Covent Garden.

I will admit that I visited this shop out of blogging curiosity. When I first established this blog I had written to Tea Palace requesting some samples. I got a nicely written email back, but they firmly said "no" as my blog wasn't large enough. (And probably not well written enough too!).  So when mum asked if we could go to Covent Garden to the Birkenstock shop, I jumped at the chance!

Interestingly, Tea Palace is based opposite a extremely small (and understocked in my opinion) branch of Whittard. I did have a look but found little of interest in there. (There are bigger Whittard shops in London which I didn't manage to get to but will visit next time).

I was stunned to see Tea Palace's window display. It was absolutely gorgeous as well as tasteful, elegant and inviting. It was really stunning and the best dressed window in Covent Garden.


Now, I must apologise to the staff at Tea Palace, but I sadly lost my receipt, and have no idea of the name of the man who served me, but all I can say he was working around lunchtime on Saturday 17th May. The gentleman was really friendly, and helpful and though I was interrupting his work, he was nothing but polite.

Tea Palace keep all of their tea's in purple caddies that are huge. They are lined up neatly on different shelves, and the man serving me was more then happy to open up the caddies and pour some tea into the lid so I could smell the tea and see what was contained within the tea. I really couldn't make up my mind as I smelt the different tea's.

"Do you have anything rose based?" I asked him. He replied that he did and showed me Organic Rose Grey which I brought.


The caddy is wonderful. What is really clever is all the caddies have Tea Palace etched on them, but, Tea Palace keep a book of stickers so they can stick the blend of the tea on the front and the brewing instructions on the back. I thought that was really clever.

I loved watching the member of staff in action. Once I had decided that Organic Rose Grey was for me, the man weighed it out carefully and put it inside a plastic sleeve which he sealed in front of me, then popped it into the caddy. I believe you can buy tea without a caddy, but I thought, why not! I was on holiday, after all!

There is a downstairs to this shop, but I will admit that hauling the Twinings bags around in incredibly hot weather, I decided to pass on the downstairs section, which housed tea accessories. But I will be going back and exploring the rest of the shop.

I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Tea Palace and will certainly go back for more tea and a look around the rest of the shop when I'm back in September.

I thought the range of tea's was expansive, the prices were actually very good and the staff were both friendly and knew their products really well. The shop was tidy, and well organised and as I said previously, the window display was lovely.

I've not had the chance to test the tea yet as it's been manic since I've returned home but as soon as I have tasted it, I will post a review. But, somehow, I think I'm going to like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment