Sunday 20 April 2014

Twinings Jasmine Pearls Green Tea: Why Have I Not Tried This Earlier?

(Photo taken from Twinings website)

It's been quite some time since Twinings launched their silky pyramid range, which has been a hit with Twinings fan's.

I've been lucky to try several of the blends (not all though!). So when I stumbled upon the Jasmine Pearls green tea pyramids, I knew I had to try them. I've searched high and low to source these in my area and haven't been able to. And, when ordering from Twinings it's always seemed to slip my mind to try these. But now, I'm really enjoying green tea and saw some for sale, I knew I couldn't miss out on the chance to try.

I love Jasmine Pearls. I love how they come as small, tightly curled balls, and then, as the water is added they uncurl, expand and then you can see how large the green tea leaves are.

Recently, I've been lucky enough to try different blends of Jasmine Pearls. And this morning, I can add my beloved Twinings to that list of Jasmine Pearl's that I've tried.

Rather happily, this tea was delicious. When brewing, the aroma was light and summery and smelt fresh. I love the aroma of Jasmine Pearls (though I appreciate it's not for everyone). And I was doubly interested in this Twinings brew because I loved their Jasmine Earl Grey hugely.

I followed the golden rules of brewing green tea. I've written about it loads on this blog so I won't repeat it here. But please go here for more advice.

Twinings Jasmine Pearls has a far more subtle taste them some of the other Jasmine blends that I have tried, but that's not a problem. I loved the subtlety of it, just as much as I love the stronger flavoured teas. The colour is a light a green, almost crystal clear which is attractive to look at.

The taste of this tea is wonderful. It has a delightful freshness about it, it's floral tones are inviting and moreish. (On the third cup today already!). It is a utter joy to drink and really freshens your mouth and tongue.

I have tried some cheaper blends of Jasmine Pearls (not yet reviewed, I'd like to stress) that have a strange, almost artificial taste to them. I'd even go as far as to say that some taste rather plastic to me. But this is not one of them. It's natural through and through. And the green tea is of a very high quality, thus the lack of bitterness that you can sometimes find when your nearing the end of your cup of tea.

I've had a bit of a hit and miss relationship with some of Twining's silky pyramid range. But this is a sure fire hit. 10/10 from me, and two thumbs up! (I'm visiting Twinings on the Strand next month - will be adding this to the shopping list, which is ever growing!).

If you can find this tea then please do give it a go. I don't think you'll be disappointed. A wonderful, nicely priced tea that is satisfying and delightful.

More information on this tea can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment